Russian Journal of Transport Engineering
The Russian Journal of Transport Engineering is aimed at the analysis, generalisation and promotion of scientific achievements, innovative solutions and technologies in the field of transportation engineering.
The editorial board of the Journal includes researchers from various research institutes, universities and other organisations in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine.
Focus and Scope:
- Publication of theoretical and empirical research findings by actively working scientists, including Doctors and Candidates of Sciences, Doctoral candidates, graduate students, as well as professional engineers engaged in research and innovative activities;
- Promotion of research achievements in the fields of project development and design analysis, as well as the construction, installation, operation, repair, reconstruction and reinforcement of various transport facilities.
- Identification of research potential for application in the promotion and practical implementation of pioneering achievements in the field of transportation infrastructure development;
- Promotion of Russia’s leading global position in both theoretical and practical aspects of creating modern transportation facilities;
- Dissemination of knowledge and achievements in the field of transportation engineering, as well as reviews of the most important innovative developments in this area.
Transport facilities include structures designed to transport people and goods, which, due to being connected to the ground, transfer both the load of their own weight and the weight of the displaced materials onto the ground or water environment.
Consequently, transport facilities comprise roads and railways, bridges of all types, traffic interchanges, transport and hydraulic tunnels, pipe culverts, retaining and revetment walls, pipeline transport (pipelines carrying gas, oil and water or other products), airfields, underground railroads and associated facilities, as well as mooring berths, cableways, monorails, etc.
Types and language of submitted articles
Articles may be submitted for publication in Russian and English.
The Journal publishes research articles corresponding to the following Scopus All Science Journals Classification (ASJC) codes:
- Engineering (all) – 2200
- Engineering (miscellaneous) – 2201
- Civil and Structural Engineering – 2205
- Building and Construction – 2215
The following types of articles may be submitted for publication: theoretical and review articles, original research articles.
- the journal is included in the List compiled by the Higher Attestation Commission of the Russian Federation of peer-reviewed scientific publications in which the main scientific results of dissertations for obtaining the scientific degree of the Candidate of Sciences or Doctor of Science are to be published;
- is included in the Russian Scientific Citation Index (RSCI); all articles published in the Journal are submitted for placement in the eLIBRARY.RU Scientific Electronic Library;
- is included in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ);
- the Russian Journal of Transport Engineering is an exclusively online publication, having no printed version;
- the Journal is published on a quarterly basis (1st issue – January-March; 2nd issue – April-June; 3rd issue – July-September; 4th issue – October-December).
Advantages of the online scientific journal:
- allows the publication of articles having a large number of colour illustrations along with various multimedia formats; authorial requirements for presenting the results of scientific research are not limited by the online-only format;
- article-by-article placement – the issue is formed incrementally; articles are posted on the Journal’s website as the review process allows;
- the cost of publication does not depend on the number of pages – the length of an article is limited only by the need to take a rational approach to the quantity of written material required for reporting on studies conducted by its authors;
- reduced publication times – the editorial cycle is shortened by eliminating the stages of typographic layout, printing and distributing copies to authors;
- unlimited opportunities for disseminating information with access to articles provided from anywhere in the world and – an article published in the online open access journal can be sent to colleagues in a matter of seconds, uploaded to the organisation’s website, posted on social networks, etc.
The Russian Journal of Transport Engineering is an open access journal (as defined by the Budapest Open Access Initiative). This means that all of its content is publicly available and is provided free of charge to users and their organisations. Users may read, download, distribute, copy, print, search or link the full texts of documents, as well as use for any other legitimate purpose without obtaining prior permission from the publisher or author.
In accordance with the open access policy, a charge is made to authors for preparing an article for publication. Read more about the financial policies of the Journal…
The Journal publishes on an article-by-article basis. An article is considered to be published from the moment it is posted on the Journal’s website.
Articles are published as they become available in the issue for which they have been accepted. If work with the article is delayed for any reason, publication can be transferred to the next issue by the decision of the publisher.
When all articles of the issue are ready for publishing, the issue is transferred for placement at the RSCI.
Each article is available as a separate document on the Internet and has its own unique URL. In accordance with this logic, page numbering commences with the FIRST page of each article.
For citation purposes, Journal page numbers are substituted by a unique article URL.
The Russian Journal of Transport Engineering is indexed in the following scientometric databases and directories:
Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI) – Journal page in RSCI…
Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) – Journal page in DOAJ…
Google Scholar – The Russian Journal of Transport Engineering in Google Scholar…
Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory — Journal page in the directory…
Materials published in the Journal are transferred for registration and archiving at the «Informregistr» Research and Technology Centre.
All content on the Russian Journal of Transport Engineering is shared under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license.
This license allows others to redistribute, share, use, and build upon your published work, even commercially, as long as they attribute authorship.
The copyright for scientific articles published in the Journal belongs to their respective authors.
The editorial staff and the editorial board of the Journal are guided in their work by the norms developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and the norms prescribed in the Declaration of the Association of Science Editors and Publishers (ASEP) “Ethical Principles of Scientific Publications”.
Articles published in the Russian Journal of Transport Engineering undergo a double-blind peer review process.
Prior to publication in the Journal, all articles are checked for inappropriate borrowings.
Retraction of articles
In case of violation of the norms of publication ethics by the author, detection of inappropriate or unattributed borrowing, duplicate publications, as well as in various other cases, the editorial board may resort to recall (retraction) of the article.
Stages of the editorial process
A submitted article goes through several stages of the editorial process:
— preliminary check (approximately 10 working days)
A preliminary check is carried out by the Journal editor. At this stage, the article is checked for improper borrowing and compliance with the formal requirements of the Journal. Based on the results of the preliminary review, the article is either sent for review or comments are sent to the author.
— peer review (approximately 20 working days)
The article is reviewed by members of the Journal’s editorial board and external reviewers. Please note that the article is sent for review only after making corrections according to the comments of the editor (if any).
Upon completion of the review, the editorial staff communicates its result to the author.
— payment for publication
Following review and acceptance for publication, the editor will send a link to facilitate payment for the article’s publication in accordance with the rates posted in the section on the Journal’s financial policy.
— following receipt of payment to the publisher’s account, the article is sent for typesetting and publishing on the website of the Journal (approximately 10 business days). An article is considered as published from the moment it is posted on the Journal’s website.
In accordance with the open access policy, the activities of the Russian Journal of Transport Engineering are funded by authors who wish to publish the results of a scientific study.
Payment for editorial and publishing services is made only after the article is accepted for publication. There is no fee for submitting, checking or reviewing an article.
The money received from the provision of editorial and publishing services is spent on maintaining the Journal’s website, ensuring uninterrupted access to published articles, paying for the transfer of published articles to the RSCI, as well as covering editorial expenses associated with the publication of research results provided by the authors.
The cost of publication is calculated entirely on the basis of the article.
The cost of publishing is 6,900 rubles.
Publication period – approximately 40 working days (10 working days for preliminary review, 20 working days for peer reviewing, 10 working days for layout and posting on the Journal’s website). The period is calculated in working days from the day the article was recorded as received by the editor.
Payment instructions and other relevant details are sent to the corresponding author following the decision to publish the article.